CHRISTMAS SEASON🎄 ANOUNCEMENTS FROM THE ORATORY
1. This morning Fr. Joe will have minor surgery at the Port Antonio Hospital. Please keep him in your prayers.
2. This afternoon (starting 12:00 noon) there will be the traditional « Street People Christmas » with distribution of a Hot Meal, Christmas cake and goods to the people who live on the streets of Port Antonio. Please remember the destitute and poor in this season.
3. The FATHERS will also be visiting the shut-ins bring Holy Communion as well as Christmas goodies.
4. Please note there is no mass this evening at the Oratory Church (St. Anthony).
5. The decoration of the three churches (St. Anthony, St. George and St. Agnes) will take place this Thursday. Parishioners please feel free to come and help.
6. Friday there will be no adoration and no mass in the Oratory Church (St. Anthony). Mass at the Oratory Chapel will take place as usual.
6. b FOOD DISTRIBUTION WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE CENTRE IN THE MORNING.
7. ST. NiCHOLAS’ VISIT (aka « Santa ») AND CHRISTMAS TREAT for Children will take place this Saturday in Port Antonio at 3:00 p.m. Children from ST. AGNES invited to attend.
8. CHRISTMAS CONFESSIONS:
ST. AGNES: This Thursday from 4-5 p.m.
St. ANTHONY: This Sunday after Mass until 4:00 p.m.
ST. GEORGE IN AVOCAT: Confessions this Sunday before mass starting at 11:30.
9. CHRISTMAS TREAT FOR CHILDREN. IN AVOCAT AFTER CHURCH THIS COMING SUNDAY !
10: CHRISTMAS EVE (December 24) at 11:00p.m. at the Oratory Church (ST. ANTHONY) singing of Carols followed by Midnight mass. All members from the three Churches are invited.
11: CHRISTMAS DAY MASSES TUESDAY DECEMBER 25th.
A) Port Antonio at 8:00 a.m.
B) St. Agnes at 10:30
C) St. George at 12:30
12. HOLY FAMILY SUNDAY « Christmas Sunday » on December 30th. Mass schedule follows normal Sunday Masses. As per tradition in the Archdiocese, married couples are invited to renew their marriage vows after the Homily.
13. NEW YEARS EVE (December 31st). Holy Hour (popularly called « watch night ») at 11:00 p.m. followed by Mass for the New Year. Mass in St. Agnes on January 1st. @ 11:00 a.m. and Avocat at 11:30. A.m.
14: FEAST OF THE HOLY ÉIPHANY ON JANUARY 6th. Mass schedule as on a regular Sunday. POTLUCK DINNER FOR PARISHIONERS OF ALL
OUR COMMUNITIES AT THE CENTRE IN PORT ANTONIO at 5:30 p.m. Everyone brings something and then we share out the food to celebrate the Birth of the Saviour and His manifestation to the Three Kings.
Merry and Holy Christmas 🎄 to all from the Oratorian Fathers and Happy New Year !